Information about this download – Please read
What will be installed?
This download will facilitate the installation of a single software product – WindReader V1 as described in complete detail in this web site. No other product such as bundled software or promotional material or any other unwanted material will, or can be, installed as a result of downloading and, or installing this product.
Changes to your computer
When you run the installer the WindReader software will be installed in a standard Windows location. Subsequently WindReader will create data files and configuration information in the standard location recommended by Microsoft (on Windows 7 or 8+ this is c:\Program Files\ProgramData). No other changes will be made to your computer.
We respect your privacy and warrant that the software product that you install subsequent to activating this download will not collect or transmit to us or any other party any personal or computer information extracted from your computer.
Conditions associated with the installation of this product
Use of the downloaded software is subject to the end user licence agreement (EULA). This agreement can be viewed here
Uninstalling this software
Removing WindReader from your computer can be achieved via a simple single two step process detailed here…
- 1. Use Windows Explorer and navigate to c:\ProgramData. In the list of folders displayed look for the folder called ‘PCRG’ (the folders are in alphabetical order). When you have found this folder right click it and then select ‘DELETE’ from the menu that pops up (you will probably have to confirm this action). This removes all licencing, configuration information and any other data files from your computer
- 2. Start Windows Control Panel. In the ‘View By’ dropdown (top right) choose ‘Category’. Now click ‘Programs’ then ‘Programs and Features’. Windows will create a list of all programs on your computer. Scroll down the list until you find the entry ‘WindReader V1’ right click this entry and select ‘Uninstall’. Windows will remove the program, all short cuts and menu items related to it.
Once you have completed these two steps all trace of WindReader software and anything associated with the software will have been be completely removed from your computer. As WindReader does not make any changes to any other settings on your computer no further actions are required.
You can download the WindReader software package from this page. This is a full working version of WindReader but it will time out after 30 days from the date you install it.
To convert the trial version of WindReader into a fully licenced version you need to pay for it and we will issue a release code which will remove the 15 day restriction and you are off and running
WindReader will run on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 10 (Please contact us for any other operating system)
- Download WindReader V1 from the link on this page to a location on your computer that you can find later.
- Log on to your computer as an administrator
- Navigate to the download location and double click the .EXE file (wt2010.exe)
- The WinZip Self Extractor will launch and display an unzip dialog. Simply click 'UnZip' and the setup files will be extracted to a default location
- The installer should then run automatically
- Click OK to start the intall
- Accept the default install location and any other install options.
- Click 'next' and the installer will begin copying files.
- When the installer finishes and reports a successful installation click OK (or close)
There should now be a program item on your desktop and the installer will also place an item on your ‘Start’ Menu.
Now you must run WindReader V1 Once - The standard installation process does not configure program defaults or the default location for your data files. For this process to occur you must run WindReader V1 once before you do anything else. To do this simply double click on the main WindReader V1 desktop icon.
WindReader will launch and perform all the necessary configurations for you. This will be completely silent and you will be unaware of this process.
You can now begin working with WindReader V1.
A manual will have been installed with the program in c:\Program Files (X86)\WindReader V1. It is called WRManual.pdf. You sould be able to double click this file to launch it to your screen. If you wish you can print it for reference.